Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unsettling To Settle

I recently read this article that my friend sent to me. It is entitled "Why it's OK to settle for Mr. Good Enough." Even the title of this article threw me off. Settle? Mr. Good Enough? What? Has this writer gone mad? The answer to that question is Yes and No.

Lori Gottlieb, the writer of the boggling article, said that instead of waiting around for a perfect guy, snatch up the one that is hanging around whom you might not even like. First of all, no person is perfect, this we all know, but eventually no matter if you thought he was perfect from the beginning or not you will still most likely be annoyed by your husband anyway. Why not just pick one that is around instead of really ending up alone. Another reason? You will barely see the guy anyways. Make sure to be busy and have a job or have a baby and stay out of each other's way. If you don't act now you will end up 45 and single without children. Warning to all of you single ladies out there - this is meant to scare you into a relationship with the guy standing next to you. Is he not cute? Don't worry, they all grow old and ugly anyways right?

Personally, I'm not going to settle no matter how much this article scares me into thinking that I will be a lonely old cat lady. However, I might be thinking differently when I'm 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment