Monday, August 16, 2010

Hook, Line, and Lost Her

Last Friday night I went on a second date with a guy that I met at the beach. I must have at least liked him a little bit since I agreed to a second date. When I met him at the bar, I was shocked that he actually looked cuter than I remembered. He gained a few points since normally I am super judgmental on a second date and tend to find ridiculous things wrong with a person.

Not surprisingly, after 2 drinks he was looking pretty cute and getting funnier by the minute. He even ran into friends at the bar and they seemed fun too. It is always a plus to meet a few random friends - I think it gives you a deeper insight to that person. Just as I was letting my guard down something strange happened. On my 3rd drink he started to get un-cute. I couldn't believe it! Does that really happen?! I immediately stopped drinking that drink and downed a glass of water hoping to reverse the effects of the previous drink.

Since the bar was close to my apartment, I suggested that he walk me home instead of making him get me a cab. It was a nice night and I was still hoping that the water would kick in. We had a nice chat on the walk and then when we stopped in front of my building, he kissed me. Romantic right? No, it wasn't. Right after he kissed me he said a phrase that I can now call that show of affection the "Kiss of Dating Death.". He said "I'm so hooked." I hoped that I hadn't heard him correctly so I asked him to repeat himself. He repeated "I'm just so hooked on you. You're awesome." I said goodnight and walked into my building thinking to myself that he just lost this fish on that cheesy line.

No comments:

Post a Comment