Monday, June 7, 2010

Sex And Not In The City

Last Friday night I finally went to see Sex and the City 2 at the movie theater. I had felt like such a loser not seeing it at least during it's opening weekend. I sat down in the red squeeky movie theater chairs with my friends, layered butter popcorn (thank you for layering the butter and the new fat that formed directly on my posterior region), and a coke. I was set to see another great Sex and the City movie and I couldn't wait.

But I should have waited until it came out on DVD. The $12 movie ticket wasn't worth my 2 and 1/2 wasted hours. It kind of felt like Christmas. You have all of this anticipation of how it is going to turn out and how great it all will be and then you never end up getting that barbie doll that you really wanted. Forget all of the socks that you received - you wanted the Barbie!

The movie was exactly like that unfortunate Christmas. Forget about all of the other amazing episodes in the series and the first movie, you really really wanted this one to be good too. Unfortunately for me, it was an unhappy let down. Maybe we can blame it on the fact that it didn't take place in New York....just like we blame the missing Barbie doll on that jolly old man in the red suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment