Sunday, June 13, 2010

Party Party Party

This Friday I hosted, along with my friends, my housewarming/apartment warming party. It was held under the New York City lights on my roof deck - not my own personal roof deck but I'm getting there. We were also celebrating my gay boyfriend's brother being in town. The combination of all of our amazing friends and a lot of wine and beer made the entire thing a success.

Everyone was quite surprised at the amount of food that I had at the party. Once again, my gay boyfriend came through and planned an easy menu for me of things that I didn't have to cook or take a long time to figure out. The meatballs were the "hardest" thing since they had to be put into the crock pot and turned on high to cook for half an hour. I came out of it with only one casualty - cutting my finger while trying to cut the cucumbers. Thankfully it was merely the size of a paper cut and I continued on with the "cooking" after I was bandaged up.

We had a beautiful night complete with music - again thanks to my persistent gay boyfriend who climbed walls and ran to Duane Reade in a desperate search to find an extension cord. The music made the entire party come to life as well as made a dance off ensue between him and my boss. Amazing.

Thank you to everyone who helped this Virgo (read: crazy perfectionist) to prepare and keep me sane during this party planning process - It is easy with a little help from great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment