Saturday, July 11, 2009

Uncomfortable Dating

Friday night, after the sushi fortune cookie incident, I went home and met Ketchup Boy who lives in my building. We were hanging out, drinking wine, and watching a movie and talking. Since I had eaten so much sushi, my stomach had been rumbling throughout the movie. Thankfully the volume was really high up on the television or he would have heard it so much. You know when it is quiet and your stomach rumbles...awkward! As he was in the middle of his story about modeling and acting, I realized that I had to fart! What was I going to do now? This was in the beginning of the movie! I tried to just ignore it and pay attention to what he was saying. 15 minutes later, it was all I could think about. I decided to excuse myself and go to the bathroom. Since New York apartments are so tiny, you can hear a pin drop from anywhere in the place. So I tried to be discreet but nothing happened. I didn't have to anymore. Thank goodness.

The second that I sat down again on the couch it was back. Son of a Bitch! Why does that happen? I continued just trying to ignore my stomach pains and focus on the movie or the conversation when we were talking. When the movie ended I was so relieved that we could go our separate ways. It wasn't that I didn't like him, it was just that I was so uncomfortable by that point I thought I was going to explode. He decided that he wanted to kiss me before we parted ways. I have never wanted a kiss to end so quickly. He was a great kisser and I was struggling with the fact that I wanted to kiss him more but if he didn't leave right away, I was going to be very embarrassed! The second that he kissed me again and walked out of the door was the second that my pain disappeared. Nothing. It was gone. I was so pissed! Why couldn't that have happened earlier and just went away! Sometimes God does funny things to us to teach us a lesson. I didn't really find the humor or lesson in this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment