Monday, July 13, 2009

Goals and Aspirations

Last night Ketchup Boy and I decided to watch Entourage together. We were all snuggled up on the couch ready to watch the show but then we just couldn't stop talking to each other. Normally, I want the person next to me to shut up and let me concentrate on the show/movie that I am trying to watch. However, this didn't really happen with Ketchup Boy. I was actually interested in what he had to say.

We were having quite the serious conversation about relationships instead of watching the show. He basically said that he wants to be with someone, except that he doesn't feel that it would be fair to them. He doesn't feel that he has accomplished what he came here to do yet and that he is more focused on that than anything else at the moment. If he were to focus on a relationship, he might sight of what he wants and then he wouldn't be happy. If he wasn't happy, then how could he make someone else happy? I stared him straight in the eye and told him that he took the words right out of my mouth!

If you cannot make yourself happy, then how can you make anyone else happy? If you don't accomplish your own goals or at least give them a solid try, then you cannot understand other people's goals in their life - which makes for a lot of fighting and heartache. If you cannot focus on yourself for at least a little while, how do you expect someone else to focus on you too?

This might be the perfect guy for me. He thinks similarly about relationships, he is a model and super cute, and he loans me his ketchup for a party with my friends when we are in need of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment