Sunday, May 9, 2010

Surfing On A Bus

I am currently on a bus on the way back to NYC after spending a lovely weekend at home with my family for Mother's Day. The beginning of the bus ride was great, fast, and few bumps. Now, we have been stuck in a huge traffic jam just before the tunnel. Since we were sitting for about 10 minutes without moving and my bladder was filled with the Sprite I had earlier, I decided to attempt the scary bus bathroom (It was obviously done out of desparation since I can barely use public restrooms much less one on wheels).

Wouldn't you know that the very second I stepped into the smelly little room with the blue water hole in it, the bus started moving...and moving fast. Speeding in from Weehawken while in the bus bathroom was not what I had hoped for. Thankfully I didn't fall or have to touch the seat at all (it felt kind of like surfing with scarier blue water to potentially fall into).

I am safely in my seat again and now we are not speeding anymore but inching every few minutes towarda the tunnel. Lovely timing on my part - not.

No comments:

Post a Comment