Saturday, December 5, 2009

NYC Relaxation

Tonight, since we got the "wintery mix" that was predicted, I didn't feel like going out. I had been holiday shopping all day in the disgusting weather and was exhausted when I finally got home. A few of my friends suggested that I join them to go dancing or just go to a bar. I turned them down to watch sappy movies and drink wine by myself.

Even though I was too tired to go out, I still had the nagging feeling that maybe I should have. I often think that way when I stay inside for a night to relax and regroup. I think, this is New York! I should be out partying, taking in the excitement but how much is too much? On one hand the argument is that I am young and I should be out having fun. I have the rest of my life to watch movies and catch up on sleep. I also have a closet full of clothes and shoes that are dying to go out. On the other hand, while I am young, I still need to relax at least a little. Yes, I feel like I might be missing out a little because there are so many things to do in this city and so many people to run into. Do I just go go go until I can't go anymore, or is it worth a night in to relax and reflect that will keep me going even longer?

I did stay out last night until 4 in the morning, so I guess I shouldn't feel like I am missing out on too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment