Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two Blind Mice

Last night I was on a blind date. I was the setter-upper of the date which is an interesting place to be. My friend has recently become single and I thought that I would set her up in a date with one of Bongo Boy's friends. I told Bongo Boy that the requirements were to be "a nice guy with a great personality and not completely ugly, or ugly at all." Come on, she's gotta be attracted to him!

Finally, they were able to meet last night after a lot of scheduling conflicts...mostly due to myself and Bongo Boy. We could have let them fend for themselves but they didn't want to. It ended up being a great night out with friends. He asked for her phone # but who knows what will happen from here.

I have met a few great people in blind dates. I have to say that I haven't dine many of them but I have enjoyed the experience. You are put together by a person who knows at least a little bit about each of you and decides that it might just work. In my friend's case, I knew her very well and he knew his friend very well. I had no pointers or tips or any bits of information to give to her at all which can be nerve wracking. I met a great guy once based on the description of "He was really cute and seemed like a really nice guy.". Thankfully, he was.

Taking the chance is the hardest part of the blind date, I think. The actually agreeing to it part can be the scariest. I always find that when I finally do agree I cannot stop thinking about all of the possibilities that could happen during and after the date. Who knows, that blind date might just become someone you cannot see your life without. Technically they are still blinding you.

No comments:

Post a Comment