Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Attempted Set-up

Last night I went on a date with a guy that I knew wasn't right for me the moment I spotted him at the bar. Why did I go out with him you ask? Well, simply because I didn't remember meeting him the first time at a party a few weeks ago. He seemed like a really nice guy, way too nice so, of course, I hated him instantly. After about 10 minutes into the date I thought that he would be better suited for a good friend of mine and that I shouldn't treat the date like a complete disaster but treat it like an interview for my friend.

At the end of the date as we were just walking outside, he suggested that we head to another bar down the street. That is when I hit him with my brilliant plan. The reason I couldn't grab another drink with him is because while he is a nice guy, he wasn't for me and my friend and him might mesh better and might possibly be perfect for each other. His face looked as if I had surprised sucker punched him in the face. I guess the answer to "Do you wanna grab another drink around the corner?" is a "Yes" or "No" kinda thing. In my excitement, I continued to explain that I thought he was a great guy and I knew this was really awkward but "When I have a feeling about these things I'm usually right." Again he was just flabbergasted. When he finally did speak he asked how I knew he and I weren't right for one another and I had no other answer than "Because you are perfect for my friend." Duhh!

Despite the randomness of the situation I ended up showing him her picture on Facebook after he seemed to warm up to the idea. The plan was that I would go home and chat with her, see if she thought I was completely off my rocker or not, and then forward him her phone number for future use. She thought I was completely crazy but said I could pass along her number anyway. His response after I buttered him up in the message with her number..."Appreciate the nice words but don't think this whole thing is gonna work out. Too weird. Take it easy."

I officially name myself the creepiest dater ever! He is officially named Toolbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment