Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kitchen Utensils

Since I moved into my new apartment, I have placed many kitchen utensils and tools in a jar on my counter top. Most of these spoons, scoopers, and tongs are a pretty blue color and they match my kitchen area. They have actually proven to be quite useful since I have acquired them. Unfortunately or fortunately (however you look at it) they haven't been used for much cooking at all.

Tongs - Perfect for grabbing the earring that fell all of the way behind the dresser and was tricky to pick up.

Rubber Spatula - Doubles as a great make-shift fly swatter.

Slotted Spoon - Used to reach to the top most closet, put through the loop in my suitcase or a handbag handle to pull closer for an easy reach.

Cherry Pitter - You can really only pit cherries with this guy. I will keep you posted if I find any other more practical uses.

Whisk - I still haven't used this tool. I have had this one for 3 years and haven't touched it with the exception of moving it from one kitchen to another. Completely useless.

Corkscrew - Of course this is the only practical and useful tool in my kitchen that is used for it's intended purpose.

Ice Cream Scoop - Once used this to hold down napkins that were blowing off of the table. Technically this was used in the kitchen. Used properly? I think not.

Happy Labor Day Weekend. I hope it isn't celebrated in the kitchen...unless you are my Mother who is cooking a yummy feast for me to enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment