Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks

Sorry that I have been out of touch for the past week. I melted in this 90+ degree weather and wasn't able to type. Now that I have adjusted to the heat (it's still really freaking hot) I am happy to be back.

I love the 4th of July. It might be one of my favorite holidays. It is the celebration of Summer. All of my 4th of July's have been fun and magical - the Fireworks help with that. There is something about large bursts of fire that just seem awe inspiring to me.

We celebrated starting on the 3rd of July with a trip to the beach. The sun was definitely fun and the drinks were definitely flowing. The next day, after we all recovered through the morning, we got together for a cookout on the roof and to watch the NYC fireworks. There were plenty of guys at the party and also at the beach the day earlier. Because of these guys I realized that I am the most complicated girl ever.

There happened to be a few gorgeous, smart, well rounded, nice guys that I met. I chose to find the one with the girlfriend to be the most interesting to me. Did I like him better because he was off limits? The other guys were just as cute and much more available. I like a challenge. Why the hell do I like a challenge? I didn't think I was a competitive person. Yes I like to challenge myself, but that is to better myself and not to chase an unavailable guy. Why didn't I just like the other hot guy that I could date for awhile, get engaged in a few years, get married, and live in a house in the country with our 2 kids. Ohh yeah, I don't think I want all of that. I want complicated and a challenge. What the hell is wrong with me?

Despite my revelation that I am the most complicated person ever, the fireworks were fantastic and, yes, magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment