Monday, July 26, 2010

Where's My Sparkler?

Recently, my sister got engaged. Since I have been so excited about it, I have obviously been running around telling people about it. When someone asks me "What's new?" I respond with an overly enthusiastic "My sister just got engaged!" and continue to tell the story of where, when, and how awesome her fiancé is. Unfortunately, most people have been responding in a similar way...

They ask me "Sooo, when is your turn?" as they look down at my hand and point out the fact that I don't have an engagement ring. Since I'm not looking to get engaged anytime soon (let me work on the boyfriend part first) I have come up with a few clever responses.

- "I'm working on curing cancer first, then I'll think about getting a husband."
"Are you a doctor?"
"Nope, but a girl can dream right?"

- "I don't need a diamond to prove anything. Just look at my cell phone - there are enough diamonds on there to buy me some time!" Yes, I'm THAT girl who has a bedazzled phone cover.

- "Who needs a fiancé when you have shoes that don't talk back?"

- "Maybe when pigs fly. You don't see me throwing bacon or pork chops in the air do you?"

Like I said, I am so excited for my sister, but I do have to say that she's now put the "Cursed Christmas Eve Question" on my shoulders. Let's hope my response is a little nicer...since it is church and all ;)

Congrats Sister and Soon-to-be Brother in law!!!

1 comment: