Friday, July 9, 2010

The Perfect Magazine


Since I moved into my new place, I have been trying to decide which magazines to subscribe to. Here are a few things that I think about the current magazines out there.

Vogue - Every girl just has to have this one because every other girl always has it. The articles and ridiculously expensive clothing and accessories come up in conversation quite often. If you want to feel in the loop, make sure to get it.

Glamour - I previously ordered this subscription and had it transferred to my new place. I used to like it until they put Vanessa Hudgens and 2 kittens on the front cover. Nothing against Vanessa Hugens but the cats are just ridiculous. I am canceling tomorrow.

W - The original reason that I subscribed to this magazine was because it was humongous. Now I find it difficult to read and hold because it is so big. I wasnt going to renew awhile back but then they did the David and Victoria Beckham spread and I was hooked for life.

Elle - I hate that they are on The City and pretend to hire Olivia Palermo. She isn't even on the masthead. She doesn't work there. I hate them for being gamers and I hate that Joe Z is the new fashion director and they kicked Nina Garcia out. Bad move guys.

Marie Claire - Way to recognize talent and pick up Nina Garcia. Thank goodness you didn't get stuck with Joe Z and a bad reality tv show.

In Style - This is a magazine that I really love due to the fact that I can pick it up and flip through it in 10 minutes. They have great clothes and accessories and don't bother with the super long articles. Always a good beach read. Usually if there are articles in magazines I need to read them from cover to cover. Thanks for making this one easier.

Allure - I never really looked at an Allure before today at the gyno's office. It was the only normal magazine sitting there among the baby and parenting magazines. I almost screamed with excitement when I saw it after thinking I would have to sit in the doctors office and twiddle my thumbs while waiting. Thank you for making my time a bit less boring while learning about the new spring pastel nailcolors. No, I didn't care that it was 4 months out of date.

The New Yorker - Way too many words for one person to read. It is also the tiniest font ever!

Happy summer magazine reading ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment