Sunday, November 14, 2010

Viva La Mexico

This past week, I was in Mexico. Sounds fun right? Rethink that...I wasn't in Cancun, Mexico... I was in the Middle Of Nowhere, Mexico. Two very different Mexico's and two very different ideas. One has the wonderful scenic beauty that makes you want to drink tequila, bask in the sunshine, and dance your ass off. That is not the Middle Of Nowhere, Mexico that I went to. I was there for work all week and that also makes you want to drink tequila and bask in the sunshine...but you cant.

After a long week all I wanted to do was get back to the city. Since we were all so excited to go home we celebrated with a few tequilas the night before our flight. Unfortunately one or two of us, myself not included, celebrated too hard and could barely get up to make it for the flight. We were 3 hours outside of the Mexico City airport and only had 4 hours until our international flight. After bouncing up and down and back and forth in the SUV to the airport, we were all about to vomit. Unfortunately, I also had to go to the bathroom when I should have been checking in for my flight. At 1:05 pm with the flight boarding at 1:30 I had to make the all important decision of whether to pee my pants or catch my flight. Thankfully I made the plane without any accidents.

I am happy to be back in New York City. Thankfully here I can bask in the sunshine (its 60 degrees in November), drink martinis, and dance my ass off.


No comments:

Post a Comment