Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Worst Nightmare

This past Friday, as I was walking to a friend's apartment, I ran into my absolute worst nightmare. This incident was so horrific, it might have scarred me for life. I was trying to run with a heavy suitcase from Lexington Avenue to 1st Avenue at around 2:30 in the afternoon. I was late for a ride home. Suddenly, they were everywhere. Coming out of the buildings, on the street, running this way and that. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed. If I moved forward, I would run over one of them. I couldn't go around them. If I went back, they were already behind me and I would have been even later. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but I didn't want to scare anyone more than I was already scared.

I powered through being careful not to run any of them over. While I was trying not to have a panic attack I almost screamed "Really?! What the Fuck?" and then almost stepped on one and I did yell that. Really loud.

Children, yes Children, were running amok everywhere. They had just gotten out of school for the week and were running around and screaming in the streets. One thing with the Children in New York is that there are way too many of them. When they all get out of school at once on a Friday afternoon, it is just way too much for anyone that is trying to walk down that street. I warn all of you out there to not try to go anywhere at 2:30 on any afternoon in this city. It is hazardous and a literal nightmare. I am still thinking about it and definitely still scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment