Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks And Giving

Today, even though technically it's a day early, I would like to list what I am thankful for. It is that time of year that we should look around us and just say "Thank you." I am thankful for...

- Not having to be stuck in traffic today. I am sitting comfortably in my hometown while many people are trying to fight their way home. I am thankful that I am not those people right now.

- Not having to cook. My mother is busy in the kitchen, it smells amazing by the way, cooking up a storm for tomorrow. Cakes, pies, turkey, and all of the sides are magically making their way into and out of the oven all without me having to lift a finger.

- Good advice. A friend of mine mentioned that I should screw up something very simple while trying to help my mother to cook so she wouldn't ask me to help again (she was threatening to make me help and to teach me). Being the unwilling culinary student that I am, I decided to paint my nails instead. This way I have the excuse of "My nails are wet" and "The topcoat isn't dry yet" and "I just got my nails looking okay again, no, I can't peel apples" in my back pocket to pull out once there are suggestions that I help with the cooking.

- Having a good appetite. Some people can't eat a lot of the really amazing food that is made for tomorrow. I don't know who these people are, but I am thankful that I am not one of you.

- The shopping genes. Even after a full day of binging on turkey and sweets, I have the ability of getting up really early to run around with a bunch of crazy women and hunt for deals in a crowded store. I call it a gift and I am thankful for that gift.

- Friends and Family. I should have listed them on the top of this post, but why not save the best for last.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :) I hope that you all have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment