Monday, April 12, 2010

Walk Of Shame Pants

Yesterday morning, as I walked outside of my building around noon, I saw this beautiful girl standing at the bodega getting coffee. She was super tall, blonde, and had a pretty face. When I got closer, I noticed that she was wearing an awfully large t-shirt and men's track pants. The other thing that she was wearing that really surprised me were the 5 inch heels on her feet. She was obviously doing the "Walk of Shame" or the "Grabbing a Coffee of Shame" in those crazy not-so-Sunday-morning kind of shoes.

That's the bitch of it, she couldn't go barefoot because she definitely would have picked up some nastiness from the sidewalk but she looked absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully, it is Springtime now and if you have a large enough purse, you can always pack a pair of flip flops.

The other thing about this woman was that it made me think about the new trend of sweatpants and high heels as an outfit (see the below from Michael Kors' Fall 2010 runway show). How will anyone ever really know if you spent more than $5 on the sweatpants and if you are wearing them to walk home from a long night out or if you really wanted to be on trend? I love the idea of making sweatpants sexy and fun, however, high heels take away the comfort part of all of it and you might still look like you spent the night at a lover's house. Beware of this new trend ladies - proceed with caution by making sure to specify that you put your outfit together on purpose.

Michael <span class=Kors

No comments:

Post a Comment