Saturday, April 24, 2010

Apartment Hunting Horror

On Thursday, I went to meet my Real Estate Broker. I met him at the first apartment that he was going to show me. It was directly across the street where I had previously done charity work. Needless to say the area was a bit scary but I was keeping an open mind - this was only the first apartment and I hadn't even seen it yet. Little did I know, I didn't want to see it. I wouldn't even be able to fit my bed in it. The next 2 apartments weren't much better.

We headed back over to the West Side (after realizing that I am definitely NOT an East Side girl). The 2 apartments that he showed me on the West Side weren't as awful but definitely overpriced for the space. I hate that apartment hunting in New York can be so challenging! All I want is to find something that isn't the size of a shoebox, where I can fit all of my shoes, and will still allow me to buy shoes - Is that too much to ask? Apparently in New York it is!



Maybe I should just live in my shoes...

2 comments:

  1. The Manhattan MLS listings just got better with few companies now offering comprehensive apartment and real estate search such as halstead . VOWNYC.com Prudential condo domain and more. Visit Manhattan Apartments on www.vownyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Manhattan MLS listings just got better with few companies now offering comprehensive apartment and real estate search such as halstead . VOWNYC.com Prudential condo domain and more. Manhattan Apartments

    ReplyDelete