Thursday, April 15, 2010

Embarrassing Book Titles

Tonight on the train, I was sitting across from a woman reading the book Dirtier Than Ever with a picture of a woman on the front who is lounging in a chair throwing her legs in the air in a short dress. I was shocked to see this book cover with the title and was even a little embarrassed to look at it. I am not sure when I became so shy about this, but I rarely read books on the train. For one, I like to people watch on the train. The other reason? I often wonder about the personality of a person by the book they are reading or one can sometimes make an assumption about that person after reading the title of their paperback. I enjoy reading dating books but Why Men Marry Bitches and Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man are not the titles that I want to be judged on.



Maybe some day I will get the courage to read a really racy or crazy titled book on the train, but until then, I will be people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment