Friday, December 3, 2010

Cleanse Day 1 of 3

After realizing that I ate Thanksgiving dinner more than 5 times, I decided that it was time to do something other than eat. A cleanse was in order. Today I started Dr. Perricone's Metabolic Diet. Why did I choose this one? I can still eat a little :)

Day 1:
7:30am - Found out that my blender wasn't working as nicely as I had hoped. This lead to chunky fruit in my not so smooth smoothie.
8:00am - Smoothie not so bad. Wish there was more of it.
8:30am - Already hungry... drinking water to fill my stomach.

9:00am - A coworker brought in apple pie. I considered eating a piece since apples are technically fruit. I decided that I wouldn't go down so fast and I declined the buttery sugary goodness of a pie.
11:00am - Got super angry at the messenger service who made me go up and downstairs 3 times to give him a coat. Why would they think I would go around the corner to hand it to him when he could enter the building and wait in the nice warm lobby. I swear I didn't get angry because I was hungry.
11:30am - Cannot wait to have my 2nd smoothie... having tea while I wait for "Lunch".

12:30pm - Drinking my not so smooth smoothie #2 for the day. Tasting a little gross now. The raw egg whites just got to me.

1:00 - Downing a glass of water. Maybe it will take away the eggy taste. Also note, that a full berry shake needs to be followed with toothpaste since it stains your teeth and leaves fruit bits all over the place.

1:00-4:00 - Thankfully busy at work and running around that I forgot how hungry I was. Also thankful that I didn't get angry with anyone.

6:30 - Dinner time. Trying to time the salmon and the salad and the broccoli to all be ready at the same time in a tiny kitchen was almost disastrous. I dropped a tiny piece of broccoli on the floor and thought about throwing it back into the pot of water. I am hungry, just not that hungry.

7:00 - Pure Heaven. Full and Happy.

8:00 - Wishing this diet had snacks.

8:05 - Really wishing this diet had snacks.

Tomorrow is a new day. A new day with very very little food.

No comments:

Post a Comment