Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be Your (Fabulous) Self

What do you do when you actually like a person? Normally, I am not in that situation...ever. I usually pick a person apart or find something wrong with them after the second date. Okay, I'm lying...the first date. So now, that I actually made it past the second date and still haven't found anything wrong with the guy I am finding that I do not know how to behave.

I am not my cool, aloof, ignorant self. I text him whenever I think of him or find something funny that I want to say to him. I call him before he calls me. Before, I would have waited for him to obnoxiously text me and then not message him back. A guy would have called me and I would have avoided answering because I didn't really care to hear what he had to say. Thankfully, he returns my messages and answers my calls.

Since I didn't want to come off as a crazed girl, I mentioned that I wasn't really sure what to do or what I am supposed to do when I meet someone that I think is a good person and that I like. Unfortunately for me that is rare (I'm not saying that all of the boys I meet are bad people, they just aren't for me). He responded with one of the most insightful answers that I have heard in a long time. He said "Just be yourself. That's all I ever ask because I don't want to get to know some other person, I want to like you for you."

He just gave me a free pass to text message him all day :) I think we should all listen to him, and not because he's charming but because he's right. Just be your fabulous self! (I added the fabulous part because that's right too).

No comments:

Post a Comment