Sunday, April 26, 2009

Friday Night Fun

On Friday, I went to dinner with Bar Boy.  Before my date, I had some errands to run which involved walking on 42nd street at about 5:00 pm.  Do not try to get things done quickly if you are planning to do them on 42nd street right before Broadway shows start.  The sidewalks were filled with lines of people waiting to get in and people who didn't know where they were going.  This is very frustrating when you are trying to do things in a hurry so that you aren't late for a date.  

As I was walking down the subway stairs to head downtown for dinner, I saw the most gorgeous guy.  He had piercing blue eyes and a great smile.  If he isn't a model, he should be.  I completely disregarded my own advice and didn't smile at him.  My jaw literally dropped and I passed by him with my mouth wide open.  He must get that a lot.  He also must have thought that I was a loser.  Note to self: Do not look like a loser in front of ridiculously good looking men. 

I met Bar Boy at Bar Pitti in the West Village.  When I got to the restaurant I looked around but didn't see him.  I texted him to inform him that I was there and sat down on a bench outside.  He returned my text and said "I'm here too."  I stood up from my bench and looked around again.  I turned to my left and there was Bar Boy, I had walked right by him and didn't even see him sitting on the bench right next to me.  He apparently worked out at the gym for the entire month and looks like a totally different person.

Dinner was wonderful.  We had a bottle of wine and sat outside which I love to do.  After dinner, I met my gay boyfriend for a few drinks at The Dove.  A great bar that was filled with cute guys!  I need to go there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment